});

Friday, December 21, 2012

How To Make Glass Cleaner

Homemade Glass Cleaner

I don't know about you, but I'm tired of breathing in toxic fumes and wearing rubber gloves when I clean. After realizing how many toxic chemicals are in commercial cleaning products, I'm on a mission to make my own. I've been amazed at how simple it is.

Homemade glass cleaner is the first homemade cleaning product I've tackled and I couldn't be happier with it. I looked at A LOT of glass cleaner recipes online until I found this winner at crunchybetty.com. I'm glad I chose it because it works just as great as Crunchy Betty claims it does. I think her exact words were, "It makes your mirrors look like they were just born."

Homemade Glass Cleaner1/4 cup rubbing alcohol
1/4 cup white vinegar
1 Tbsp corn starch
2 cups distilled, filtered, or boiled water

I decided to use distilled water instead of tap water because our water is really hard. Hard water and cleaning just aren't a good combination. (I can't wait for the day I can get a water softener!) Combine everything in a spray bottle and shake well. Also shake before using because the cornstarch will settle to the bottom.
Now let's talk money. How much did it cost me to make up this whole bottle of glass cleaner?

$0.12 Rubbing Alcohol
$0.04 Vinegar
$0.12 Distilled Water
$0.17 Corn Starch
$0.45 Grand Total

Beat that, Windex!


Sources:
http://www.herbsandoilsworld.com/non-toxic-glass-cleaner/
http://www.ourhomemadehappiness.com/2012/02/homemade-glass-cleaner.html




No comments:

Post a Comment