});

Saturday, April 28, 2012

My Simple Pulled Pork Recipe

Yesterday, I smoked some pulled pork.  It was my 1st time of making it for me and it was great.  It is recommended to use pork butt however I only had pork loin.  I rubbed it down with some sweet rub and let it stay in the fridge the night before I put it in the smoker.  The next morning I wrapped it in aluminum foil (double layer).  I started my fire in the smoker (Oak wood) and let it get to around 200 degrees.  I put the pork in the smoker for about 2 hours with the foil open at the top so it could get smoked.  I then wrapped it tightly and kept the fire going for 9 more hours.  When I unwrapped it it began to fall apart.  I put it in a large dish and I finished pulling it apart with forks and dumped an entire bottle of "Sweet Baby Rays" BBQ sauce on it.  After stirring it up we had some great sandwiches!  Give it a try, you will love it.

Here's the sweet rub I use...
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Competition-Barbecue-Rubs-150-32-oz/940659.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dsweet%2Brub%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D19%26y%3D9&Ntt=sweet+rub&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products



If you have never used Sweet Baby Rays, you can find it at your local grocery store or click the link...
http://www.amazon.com/Sweet-Baby-Rays-Honey-Barbecue/dp/B0003290ME/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1335644784&sr=8-3

No comments:

Post a Comment