});

Saturday, January 7, 2017

Five Ways to Preserve Eggs



preserving eggs, 5 ways to preserve eggs
preserving eggs
From The Source:
Boil ’em, bake ’em, freeze ’em and more… I have an abundance of fresh eggs and they just keep coming. It’s that time of year, of course, the chickens are working overtime! My friend sells them to me for $2 dollars a dozen and they are so good I just can’t pass them up. I currently have five dozen eggs and more on the way. I’m on a mission today to find ways to preserve my egg abundance. 5 ways to preserve eggs | PreparednessMamaRaw eggs will last about 30 days in your refrigerator without losing any quality. We will probably eat this 5 dozen eggs in 5 weeks, but it takes up a lot of space in my frig. So I’m looking for alternative ways to save, freeze and extend the bounty. Before you begin to preserve your eggs always do a float test before using it. Just fill a bowl with cold water and place your eggs in the bowl. If they sink to the bottom and lay flat on their sides, they’re very fresh. If they’re a few weeks old but still good to eat, they’ll stand on one end at the bottom of the bowl. If they float to the surface, they’re no longer fresh enough to eat.

Floating = spoiled.

Read On Here


Portable Solar Cooker

No comments:

Post a Comment